Systems Support SpecialistAll Home Office Positions
White Spot Limited is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and serves more than 15 million guests annually through its three White Spot Hospitality brands: White Spot Restaurants, R+D Kitchen by White Spot, and Triple O’s. White Spot operates in British Columbia; Triple O’s has operations in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, and Hong Kong. White Spot Limited is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past twelve consecutive years, achieving Platinum status.
White Spot is currently looking for a SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST team member for its Information Technology (IT) department. The position is a permanent, full-time position that requires working at our Home Office located at 8223 Sherbrooke Street in Vancouver. At White Spot, if you aren’t directly serving our guests, you are supporting someone who does. The successful candidate will thrive in an office where the people are friendly but focused.
About the Role
You will be on the front line of support for all IT related issues (Office365, desktops, laptops and related software) supporting our Home Office team of approximately 60 people as well as our approximately 200 restaurant managers, helping get them back to doing what they need to do, as fast as possible. This means answering phone and e-mail questions and dealing directly with people on an ongoing basis. Most of this support will take place Monday to Friday during regular business hours, but the nature of our business sometimes requires you to be flexible in providing after-hours support.
You will be getting new equipment prepped and out the door to support our teams. You will be working with the rest of the IT Team to resolve various issues and assist on projects.
This is an in-office position in Vancouver. You will also need to have access to a reliable vehicle from time to time. While travel is infrequent, you will need to be able to provide on-site support during new store openings.
Your additional responsibilities may include:
- Manage/assign our IT tickets/issues via project management software
- Working with the IT Team to provide support & documentation to our restaurant managers.
- Providing troubleshooting support to Home Office staff.
- Ensuring custom development POS add-ons are working as expected.
- Ensuring POS integrations with key platforms (kitchen video, banking & online ordering) are working as expected.
- Coordinating with external vendors to ensure timely changes to our hosted online ordering site.
- IT hardware asset management.
Other technologies you will be exposed to (training will be provided if you are not proficient):
- Squirrel Point of Sale
- Clearview Point of Sale & Back Office
- QSR Automations – Connect Smart Kitchen & KDS
- xDine Online order systems
- Eigen banking system
- You work well both independently and as part of a team.
- You are a great communicator and excel at breaking down complex technical issues into ‘plain English’.
- You are on top of your documentation – you take notes and have strong organizational skills.
- You are detail oriented and take pride in a job well done.
- You enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects and deadlines and are not rattled. by ad hoc requests or last-minute changes.
- You have a solid understanding of Microsoft technologies.
- You have been troubleshooting technology errors for a long time.
- You can image and deploy electronic devices with ease.
Skills and Experience Required
- Microsoft 365/Office 365 technologies (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Azure AD, Intune MDM, etc.)
- Windows 10 & 11 Desktop
- iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware including PCs, laptops & surfaces
- Nice to have:
- Managing Meraki cloud networks
- 2016/2019 Window server & domain
- Veeam backup
- Polycom conference systems
- Anti-virus management (Sophos)
- You have a minimum of 2+ years of related work experience and/or education in the IT field.
- You are known for your customer service skills and can-do attitude.
- You are a great communicator and have an effective command of the English language.
- You love technology and have hands on experience with everything tech (PCs, smart phones, audio visual systems, printers, etc.).
- You exhibit patience and persistence in resolving issues.
- You inspire confidence that if you don’t already have the answer, you will find it.
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment but are self-motivated, having the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
If you are interested and qualified, we would love to hear from you. Please email your resume, cover letter & salary expectations to: email@example.com. Our thanks to all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.