May 22, 2020 – Vancouver
You truly are our reason for being and we are excited to share with you our dine-in re-opening plan, where we can once again welcome you through our doors and serve you in person, when you are ready.
There’s no doubt these past weeks have been difficult, and we’re grateful for all of our people, our guests, and our suppliers who have supported us during these unprecedented times.
And as we look to re-open, safety is our number one priority. Over 90 years ago, Nat Bailey created White Spot to deliver a memorable, guest focused and safe experience, in a spotlessly clean restaurant — and that promise is something on which we will never waver.
We are taking a thoughtful and phased approach to re-opening our restaurants starting June 1st, for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Happy Hour. Please call your neighbourhood White Spot or search our locations page to find out when they will re-open for dine-in service and for hours of operation.
We are making every effort to adhere to and exceed Provincial Health and WorkSafe requirements and guidelines. Here’s what we’re doing to ensure the health and safety of our guests and people:
- Our team members will complete comprehensive online and in-person training on protecting their safety and yours.
- Our team members will have wellness checks and will not work if they have symptoms of any illness. Our guests, welcome any other time, will not be able to dine with us if they have signs of an illness.
- Our team members will wear masks and follow strict handwashing and other hygiene protocols.
- We have enhanced our already high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, including a frequent clean and disinfection of all high contact surfaces.
- Our floor plans have been reconfigured to maintain social distancing of two meters, and we will seat a maximum of 6 guests per table.
- Sanitizer will be available to guests.
- Single use recyclable food and beverage menus will be provided.
- Condiments have been removed from tables and are available upon request.
- Cutlery will be sanitized, and napkin wrapped before being brought to guests after they are seated.
- We have made touchless payment available and guests are encouraged to use it over cash.
We’ve been BC’s Own restaurant for almost a century, trusted by our guests through the ups and downs of history—and that remains true to today. We’ll do everything we can to take care of you while maintaining a safe social distance. And, if you aren’t quite ready to dine-in, our takeout, contactless curbside pick-up and third party delivery remain available.
While much has changed, what will not change is the warm welcome we will extend, and our commitment to caring for our people and our guests.
On behalf of myself and the White Spot team, thank you for your support and trust in us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
President & CEO, White Spot Restaurants