Everyday is a happy day at White Spot but now there's even more to be happy about!
Annual fundraiser has generated $780,776 since 2008 to support B.C. kids with disabilities
VANCOUVER – August 16, 2018 – Shiver me Timbers! On Wednesday, August 15, White Spot guests across B.C. and Alberta raised a record $116,090 for White Spot’s ninth consecutive Pirate Pak Day fundraiser. For one special day each year both the young, and young-at-heart can purchase the iconic boat from Canada’s longest-running restaurant chain. Bounty raised this year will help send over 75 children and young adults to Zajac Ranch in Mission B.C.
White Spot donated $2.00 from each Kids and Adult Pirate Pak sold to Zajac Ranch, a B.C. charity that gives campers with life-threatening illnesses and chronic disabilities an unforgettable experience. Since the program’s inception, White Spot has raised a total of $780,776 providing hundreds of young mateys with a summer camp experience.
“Year after year, our staff and guests continue to amaze us” said White Spot president Warren Erhart. “Our staff definitely embrace the spirit of the day, dressing in their best pirate regalia for a good cause. On behalf of everyone at White Spot, I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to all of our guests who came out to show their support.”
“White Spot continues to demonstrate its long-term commitment to improving the lives of children and young adults with special needs by supporting Zajac Ranch,” said Mel Zajac, founder of Zajac Ranch for Children. “We are so thankful to be partnered with White Spot for Pirate Pak Day; it’s the perfect way to celebrate childhood while supporting a worthy cause. On behalf of the entire Zajac Ranch team, I’d like to send a big, heart-felt thank-you to all the folks who stopped in at White Spot to enjoy this year’s Pirate Pak Day!”
White Spot will be sending kids to Zajac Ranch for “White Spot Week” from August 20 to 24, where campers can participate in a variety of activities such as horseback riding, kayaking, water sports and arts and crafts.
- Pirate Pak Day: notes of burgers, a hint of fries, and undertones of being a pirate for the day which allows for a feeling of helping children go to camp, a full stomach, and a crisp finish of pretending to be a kid again. It was piratey
- Just admit it, it's ALL about that gold coin!! Not about the endless fries, endless pop, burger, coleslaw, ice-cream but that gold chocolate coin that we all look for when the boats arrive!!
- I would still be jealous of the kids having #piratepak in the other 364.25 days of the year. It’s the #fun The #food The fundraiser and... the #goldcoin of course! #whitespot #legendaryburger #burger #yum #piratepakday #piratepakday2018
- Back wit da buccaneers fur da annual pilgrimage to @White_Spot #PiratePakDay, doubling da Mateys dis year! #ItsaTradition Arrrr Matey!
- I forgot today was pirate pak day. I don’t wanna talk about it ☹
About White Spot
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, White Spot is Canada’s longest-running restaurant chain, celebrating their 90th year. Founded in 1928, when Nat Bailey launched Canada’s first drive-in restaurant at Granville and 67th, the 90-year-young chain now sees more than 17 million guests annually at 133 White Spot and Triple O’s locations throughout B.C., Alberta and Asia. Bailey’s original vision was to build a restaurant that served the highest quality, unique tasting food and White Spot remains committed to continuing this tradition in each and every meal. White Spot Limited is proud to be recognized with the platinum status designation as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, one of Canada’s top 150 iconic brands as awarded by Interbrand Canada, and a member of Forbes list of Top Employers of Canada.
Website: whitespot.ca Twitter: @White_Spot
Facebook: facebook.com/WhiteSpot Instagram: @White_Spot_Restaurants
Social Tags: #whitespot #PiratePakDay #BeAKidAgain
For more information, please contact:
Vice-President, Menu Development & Marketing
White Spot Restaurants